Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Do I Need a Pre-Marathon Training Workout Just to Get Ready for Tuesday?

Oh man I know it's supposed to be Wordless Wednesday but I am so full of words and at a loss for running! To date this has been the least amount of running I have ever done for not only 1 month but now 2 straight! The month February only had 7, yes that is right 7 running days! I have such mixed emotions about that...on one hand it has been great to not run, give my body a rest from one marathon and achieving 1,000 miles in 2011,a rest from trying to cram in runs (after work in dark, weekends, lunch breaks)between my absolutely crazy family life BUT on the other hand when I don't run, then I get more stressed, more frantic, more CRAZY and I feel like pooh! Oh and I totally miss my long runs with my running buddies( Keep on Keeping on and Blonde Ponytail, and Stacey). I need them to help me feel whole again!

I have the next 6 days to prepare myself for the next 18 weeks of training, I feel like I need to run just to prepare myself!  Sounds funny to need to run to train for the training plan!

It is what it is and cheers to another training plan all set up for me! Missoula Marathon here I come July 8, 2012. Goal of 4:10 is doable for me. I am going to be playing with some different training/race fuels and hydration. So stay tuned for those reviews and what I end up with! I am after something to help decrease cramping at mile 18-20, something with more sodium(so I can take less salt pills), something  to give me more energy,  and last but not least something that may not make me go to the bathroom so much in the 2nd half of the race!

Cheers and here's to Missoula!

No comments:

Post a Comment